Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Nokia 6600 Confidante


I have always been a fan of Nokia phones. Ever since I owned one more than a decade ago, there was no turning back. Through the years, I am fortunate enough to own a couple of Nokia phones and somehow when a new model would come along, I managed to easily let go. But back in the summer of March 2004, I was hooked on my newly delivered Nokia 6600 phone. Aside from being equipped with the most up to date features back then, the phone grew on me. Somehow, it was no longer sane to just let it go for a newer model.

You see, my trusty Nokia 6600 came into my life as a gift from my mom. Fresh from a very traumatic heartbreak, my phone was my life line to my family and friends who gave me so much love and support. At times when I was tempted to mend the broken lines with my EX, my Nokia 6600 reminded me that there is an appropriate time for everything. When mobile phones are intended for communication purposes, I learned through that experience that silence can sometimes be beneficial. So even if my Nokia 6600 didn’t record any messages and calls from my EX, the message was absolutely clear. I should pick up the pieces and move on.

After a few months, I managed to let go of the pain and it allowed me to focus on my own goals. And just when I was ready to bid love goodbye forever, I met Mr. Right! We started off having a long distance relationship with plenty of phone calls, which eventually led to the altar! Owning this phone means so much than having just a device to make calls because through the years, it never left me despite the rigors of wear and tear, trials, and triumphs. It’s like having a rare friend, someone whose always there and very dependable at that!

I am using a different phone now, but my Nokia 6600 has earned her rightful spot on my desk. At certain times, I switch it on because I just want hear its ever comforting tones. For me, this phone embodies the character we need to possess when faced with adversity. Thank you for being the unique symbol that you are my trusty Nokia 6600!

0 comments:

Post a Comment